Man, I love this time of the year! Its not the idea of fresh green grass, mildly warm breezes or the NCAA tournament.......its that Saturday afternoon in your bosses basement where we host that first Fantasy Baseball draft of the year! What exactly is Fantasy Baseball to you???? To me, its many things like ......
- sitting in my company 's cubicle, in my company's office, in my company's building , on my company's dime constantly harassing a fellow league mates to trade me Grady Sizemore for Steve Balboni!
- putting earplugs in my ears and locking the door when the "ole ball and chain" gives me the "what the hell are you always on that computer for?" speech!
- its asking the old lady behind the desk in Barnes & Noble when the first Fantasy Baseball magazine will be out.....in November......... only to get a reply of "What the hell is Fancy Baseball???"
- having trouble sleeping at night because we're scared Ben Sheets could have another injury riddled season after we just spent $30 on him in the auction!
- missing your first child being born in the hospital because your in the break room Sunday night adjusting your lineups!
- living in New York, growing up a die hard Yankee fan, and buying yourself a Mark Teixiera shirt on Ebay!
- buying magazine after magazine after magazine only to get the same projections that you still don't agree with!
- wasting $14.99 a month for a Fantasy Baseball website subcription only to find the same projections as the ones in the magazines!
- dropping Mark Whitten Tuesday morning and watching him mash 3 homeruns the next night on Sportscenter!
- spilling beer all over the draftboard and watching the heavy set company marketing manager lick it off the table, and off my draft sheets and magazine!
Fantasy Baseball is here my friends! Enjoy it while you can, its your home away from home. Its the only place you can sit and be free! Even when the wife is nagging, Fantasy Baseball is meditation for the common man! So grab your ear plugs, lock the door and smile....Fantasy Baseball is here!
The Fantasy Man .... OUT!
Fantasy Baseball Express