With the first week of the season nearly done here are some things I've found interesting...
- Jose Reyes came back on Saturday April 10th. Didn't do anything especially but seems really to prove he is still an impact player and for the fantasy purposes, a roto stud.
- Ike Davis is tearing up AAA the 1st week. If the Mets continue to flounder on the MLB level with guys like Mike Jacobs & Fernando Tatis and if Daniel Murphy doesn't come back from his injury soon, you might see Ike Davis in Queens by early May.
- If I was a Shane Victorino owner I would not be happy with him batting 7th. If I was actually Shane Victorino, I wouldn't be happy.
- Willy Taveras & Willy Harris can give owners some nice contributions this year for NL only owners as secondary players.
- I worry about Ian Desmond's defense which could mean less playing time.
- Tyler Colvin got off to a nice start with a HR off Tommy Hanson this week. Colvin, former top 50 prospect in MLB according to Baseball Amercia had a torrid spring. Pinella wants to find him AB's.
- Garrett Jones fast start can have him believing that last year was not a fluke. Remember 90% of this game is half mental.
- Carlos Gomez gets the first crack at the top of the Brewer lineup with Alcides Escobar batting 8th. Remember what I wrote in the winter? Escobar owners be patient.
- The Astros are in for a long year.
- Dave Duncan magic has already done wonders with Jaime Garcia & Brad Penny the 1st week.
Lance Berkman - Lance says he is just about ready, the Astros want to wait another week, he is coming back from knee surgery so I would still say late April and hope for sooner.
Huston Street - Not rushing him sounds like Mid May.
Brandon Webb - Same for Webb - Mid May.
Carlos Beltran - Making great progress and way ahead of schedule the Mets think Mid May, which is great because when Beltran 1st had the surgery the Mets thought maybe the all-star break
Brad Lidge - Had awful minor league outing on Saturday April 10th. Phillies won't rush him back, could be late April.
Jeff Francis - Like Street not rushing him but could be back late April.
Ted Lilly - Had setback with his back the last couple of days and now they are talking Mid May.
NL King - C.Lizza