Today we take a look at the key questions facing the NL Central team by team....
- Can Carlos Pena hit .250 and have a monster power year?
- Will youngsters Starlin Castro and Tyler Colvin break out?
- Can Carlos Zambrano keep it together for a full season?
- By moving from the AL East to the NL Central can Matt Garza become a front of the rotation starter?
- Will Drew Stubbs emerge as one of the top 10 NL hitters this year?
- Will Jay Bruce break out with that monster season we are all waiting for?
- Will Joey Votto repeat his MVP season?
- Will Edison Volquez go back to his 2008 form?
- Who will win the last 2 spots in the rotation between Travis Wood, Homer Bailey and Mike Leake?
- Can Bill Hall be a nice sleeper?
- Will Chris Johnson show us he is the real deal?
- Will Clint Barmes be hot or cold?
- What will JA Happ do over a full season?
- Can Brett Myers repeat his 2010 season?
- Will Rickie Weeks stay healthy like last season?
- Will Prince Fielder have a monster season on his final year of his contract?
- Can Carlos Gomez be a source of cheap steals and get you 30 steals?
- Will John Axford show he is no fluke?
- Will Yovanni Gallardo and Shaun Marcum have big seasons?
- Does Andrew McCutchen become one of the elite NL hitters this year?
- Does Pedro Alvarez hit 30HR?
- Does Neil Walker show 2010 was the real deal?
- Will Joel Hanrahan be an effective closer, Meek knocking at the door?
- Will any Pirate starting pitcher have a decent season?
St. Louis Cardinals:
- Can Lance Berkman be relatively healthy and be a productive hitter
- Is David Freese healthy and can he be a productive hitter
- Will Colby Rasmus break through with a big year
- Will Jamie Garcia step up with the loss of Wainwright
- Will Ryan Franklin hold the closers job the entire year
NL King - C.Lizza