I will do an article once a week with some of my thoughts based on what I am seeing and reading.
- Justin Upton off to a big start which could mean an MVP like year. No longer has to worry about the trade rumors and playing with his brother seems to be a good thing. Juan Francisco & Chris Johnson will play everyday now with Freeman on the DL with an oblique. Oblique's are 3 weeks minimun, most of the time it's a month.
- I am not saying to push the Roy Halladay panic button yet but have to be concerned after his spring. Remember though Halladay is the ultimate competitor and may no longer be an ace but could still be a solid pitcher. But needs to put together some solid starts.
- Bryce Harper is going to have a monster season. I know I am being captain obvious here.
- I like Matt Harvey but the let's see how he performs after the league see's him more. Not going to face the Padres on a frigid night every time.
- How is Giancarlo Stanton going to put up numbers in that lineup?
- Reds have enough hitting that they can live with Heisey & Paul in left field for the 1st half. This is Heisey window to show he can be an everyday player.
- Mitchell Boggs has the stuff to be a closer just needs more experience. He has pitched well so far a HBP cost him a save this week.
- Brewers look like they are in for a rough year now with Aramis Ramirez on the DL and Corey Hart still a bit away and Ryan Braun can't move his neck. That bullpen is awful and John Axford owners are lucky the Brewers really don't have that many options back there.
- McCutchen needs help from others.
- It didn't take long for Marmol to lose the closers job. Despite the poor performance by Fijikawa last night he is now the Cubs closer. Marmol is on the last year of his deal so the Cubs will move forward.
- Arizona has a very balanced team more people should be talking about them.
- Lincecum 7 walks in his first start not what Lincecum owners wanted to see.
- Clayton Kershaw with just a little run support might win 25 games this year.
- Rockies have so many issues and sending down Tyler Colvin who hit .290 with 18HR's last season is mighty confusing.
- Boy do the Padres need Chase Headley back in that lineup.
Follow me on twitter @ TheNLKing
NL King - C.Lizza